If I were to offer advice on the best free motivational tools and resources I would actually tell people that they all come from within. It sounds a little guruish to say such a thing, but these are the best free motivational tools around.
- Influence: A person in a position of leadership should learn how to use their own authority to influence their team to remain motivated. The best way to influence your team is to remain the leader at all times. Be justified in your actions, lead by example and always be ready to help people improve themselves. Communicate effectively so people always know what is expected of them and reward people by acknowledging a job well done. Knowing your team, remaining in charge and communicating effectively will all influence and motivate people so they know where to go and what they need to do to succeed.
- Manage Bad Seeds: Nothing gets people off the motivation train more quickly than watching a bad seed get away with abusing the system. Being aware of what each of your team members is up to will allow you to nip bad behaviour in the bud. Each person has to feel they are carrying their own weight and that what they do matters. However, they also have to see that their co-workers are also pulling their own weight. When someone is allowed to slack off it will bring the entire team down. When everyone works hard and you notice, people will remain motivated without complaining.
- Fair Play: When you weed out the bad seeds you can be better focused on fair play. Having a team you respect will make finding reasons to reward them for their hard work easier. Keep an eye on who does what and make sure those who are deserving of recognition receive it. Avoid favouritism and find strengths in each individual so everyone feels important and valued. This is the perpetual pat on the back people crave to stay engaged and motivated.
- Invest in Talent: Your best free motivational resource is your talent. Have an open door policy that encourages people to use their knowledge of the business to make improvements. When people feel their ideas matter and see their ideas put to good use they will feel valued. Harvest ideas from your own team as the best possible resource to motivate and inspire greatness.
As you can see free motivational tools and resources lie within your organization, in your own management skills and within your team.
Doug Dvorak is available to speak at conferences, seminars and event. He uses humorous insight and advice to keep people motivated and inspired. Visit www.dougdvorak.com for more information.
Use these 3 tips to help high school students get and stay motivated throughout their teen years.
Parents can tend to go into a bit of shock when their children reach their teen years. They are suddenly faced with this “stranger” with attitude and total lack of drive. Finding ways to keep teens motivated can be a real challenge for any teacher or parent. Here are three tips to help you, help high school kids stay motivated:
- Keep them Involved: Many parents do not allow their teens to have any say in what they should be doing with their lives. This is a great “demotivator” for the young man or woman. Teens need to be shown respect and feel involved in the decision making of their own lives. Involve your teen in decision making to keep them involved and engaged in their own goals. If your teen is doing their homework don’t barge into their room shouting about the fact they did not do the dishes. Instead knock on the door and ask them when they can do the dishes, or negotiate a deal such as I’ll do the dishes if you could take out the garbage when you are done. Giving them choices of what works better for them is not spoiling them. Instead it teaches them the art of negotiation, helps them feel they achieved something and shows them that their opinion matters.
- Explain Why: Don’t keep laying down laws and orders without explaining why. Let them know there is a reason other than “I said so.” Justify things such as chores and algebra by showing them the positives of doing the task at hand, what will the ultimate benefit be for them. This approach will continue to keep them involved and learn that setting goals is a must to achieve success.
- Help Them Achieve: For any person young or old nothing is a better motivator than feeling a sense of achievement. Whether it is losing three pounds to help you see you can lose 10 or 20 or studying a little harder to see your grade go up by 10 points, achievement begets a hunger to continue to achieve. Offer incentives and rewards so your child or student can see that doing well feels good and produces success. They are more likely to learn to love success and pick up their game to achieve it.
Teens need to feel respected and appreciated for who they are and what they can achieve. Keeping teens involved in decision making, offering explanations and helping them to feel the thrill of achievement will keep them motivated throughout their high school years. Remind yourself of the above tips to help high school students stay motivated.
Motivation is key to every persons success, especially our children’s. Learn more with Doug Dvorak, professional motivational keynote speaker for high school students. See more at http://www.highschoolmotivationalspeaker.us.
Motivate Our Youth.
It is common for people to hit a negative slump. Learn 3 secrets to overcome negativity and boost your motivational levels. The key is to keep from letting the negativity take over your life. When life seems like it is a constant up-hill battle, giving up may seem like the only solution. In reality, you can take control of negative thoughts, feelings and behaviors. This includes, negative habits that have become second nature. You may not even realize you have negative habits until you examine your life and thought process.
- Understand and Identify Negative Habits and Emotions
Before you can do anything about a negative habit or emotion you must be able to identify them. They can be behaviors that are engaged in every day. Negative habits and behavior can damage careers and personal lives. Such habits include being late to engagements and meetings, gossiping, being defensive, engaging in personal sabotage, seeking too much attention, making rash choices, resisting change, and being a perfectionist. Some of these habits can be good given the context in which they are performed. Being aware of these habits requires being aware of your cognitive script, otherwise known as the automatic thoughts that enter your brain during many different types of situations. An unconscious thought is ingrained through past experiences, so it can be difficult to catch yourself when engaging in a deeply rooted behavior. Breaking negative habits and curtailing negative emotions takes time. It can take up to two months to ‘re-train’ your brain to overcome negative emotions, and change all depends on the behavior of the person.
- Become Conscious and Create a Plan
When a conscious plan is created, it can get you started in overcoming negative emotions and boost your motivation. Saying that you are going to change a particular bad habit is not enough. A concrete plan is needed in order to start changing negative habits. Set personal goals for yourself and review your progress often while working on the worst habits first. Your plan should include milestones and prompts to help remind yourself what you are trying to achieve. Keeping an action program or to-do list as a constant reminder of what you wish to achieve is a good start.
- Develop Self-Awareness and Self-Discipline
In order to fully change negative emotions and eventually habits you must become self-vigilant. Watch yourself for back-sliding and remind yourself of the reasons you wish to break a negative habit or cycle and the long term benefits of breaking that habit. This takes self-discipline, willpower, self-awareness, and honesty. Be persistent and firm with yourself so you can change the way you view life and become a happier person.
Doug Dvorak gives self-motivating seminars for people around the world. You can learn more secrets to overcoming negative emotions and boosting your motivational levels by attending one of his speaking engagements.
In order to capture your audience you must first capture your client. Building a relationship with your client will be key to having an extra-ordinary event. If your relationship with your client is strong, they in turn will spread that captivity along to the participants (audience) giving you great recognition and an identity among your attendees before even meeting and presenting to them. In addition, collaborating with the client allows one to provide key information to your speakers, which will allow them in turn to study and get to know your audience strengths and weaknesses. Great communication leads to easy to find, but crucial to touch upon focus points that makes your event that much more impactful. Your audience will be able to relate to the speakers because your speakers will have built their presentation around the knowledge of your audience.
In addition, to building a relationship, collaboration allows one to work as a single team. The client should always be deeply involved in the speakers’ preparation, whether it is a motivational speaker, inspirational speaker, or a keynote speaker, it will help avoid any misunderstandings and miscommunications. With trust fostering through communication, one can ensure that both on the same page and have the same overall mission, which is to be impactful, motivate, encourage, and deliver exemplifying new perceptions. This alone will make your next event more powerful and influential. Once the audience sees the togetherness of the people involved and how the event is structured around them as individuals and as a team, they will be talking about it for months to come.
Choose speakers who start to deliver excellence before they appear on your stage, speakers who inspire you while you are working on the tedious details, who are clear on what tools they need in order to motivate and inspire your attendees and have incredible content. What is also important when choosing your speaker, it is not just what they do on your stage, but how they make your attendees feel from that platform and later, off that stage. Are your speakers willing to engage the attendees post presentation in a non commercial, supportive, energizing manner that makes you the true hero of the event for demonstrating great vision, leadership and lasting inspiration? This is why corporations and associations are bringing Doug Dvorak to their stages.
Doug Dvorak is a professional speaker that has worked closely with meeting and event planners for years to figure out how to best impact events and conferences positively.
If your goal is to be successful, whether in life or business, it is imperative that you adopt successful habits. When you change your habits from bad to better, you have a much better chance of succeeding. Of course understanding that you also must adopt good habits in order to succeed is easy. But this becomes very different when you are actually putting those habits to work for you. Below you can learn about the top 5 habits of success
- The Need to Make Money Is Not as Strong as the Passion to Succeed
If you think you are going to get rich using a get rich scheme, think again. They are called get rich quick schemes for a reason. In order to develop a business successfully it needs to be nourished with passion because it has all of the right components a successful business must have. The recognition and wealth that is accomplished is more of a pleasant surprise than a goal. The mind-set for getting rich quick tends to include cutting corners and short-changing clients while failing to take the time needed to understand the market you are in. This is a recipe for failure. Find something that you are passionate about and you will not need or want to take shortcuts. Your passion for the task will fuel its success.
- Do Not Let any Obstacle Stop You
A lot of people tend to quit before they reach their goals. In order to succeed, you need to face obstacles and not let them stop you. This means not taking no for an answer. If you cannot get associates to assist, or agree with an idea of yours, then it is time to take matters into your own hands. When you take matters into your own hands, you stand a greater chance of developing your own way of doing things that work for you. Make sure that you keep on going no matter what obstacle is in your way. Obstacles are everywhere, those who work through them grow stronger, learn more and become a little closer to success.
- Treat Associates Well
In the business world it is imperative to treat your associates, employees, and people in general well. You are going to be remembered not for what you say, but for you actions. This is also true when considering the people you surround yourself with on a daily basis. The quality of people you associate with will have a direct impact on your behavior. When you find the right type of people to work with and to build a team with, your ability to succeed will increase.
- Know Your Strengths and Weaknesses
Becoming a successful entrepreneur requires that a person possess humility and confidence. It is important to be able to own expertise and be ready to ask for assistance or advice when you need it. Many successful businesses rely on partnerships and teams that allow every person to utilize their strengths so weaknesses are avoided.
- Listen to Your Customers
Hard work and innovation are just part of what needs to happen in order to succeed. You also need to be able to listen, especially to customers. Their opinions matters when it comes to meeting needs and offering products and services that fit the current market. Always listen carefully to your customers and take action when they hint at something. This will help you make the correct changes that keeps them happy and you in business.