Ask any successful salesman or business owner for advice and there is a good chance they will quote one of their favorite motivators. Most people who share drive and success also share common heroes, mentors and motivators to whom they attribute their success.
- Dale Carnegie: “The unvarnished truth is that almost all the people you meet feel themselves superior to you in some way, and a sure way to their hearts is to let them realize in some subtle way that you recognize their importance, and recognize it sincerely.”
- Napolean Hill: “All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination. Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth.”
- Anthony Robbins: “If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.”
- Og Mandino: “I will live this day as if it is my last. This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day.”
- Richard Carlson: “Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.”
- Daniel Pink: “For artists, scientists, inventors, schoolchildren, and the rest of us, intrinsic motivation–the drive to do something because it is interesting, challenging, and absorbing –is essential for high levels of creativity.”
- Norman Vincent Peale: “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.”
- Steven Covey: “Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.”
Each of these quotes has the potential to inspire you. However not every motivational quote will speak to all people. Find some quotes that ring true to you and paste them on your mirror at home. They will become inspiration to you everyday.
These will help you stay on track and help you make the decisions that will bring more meaning and purpose into your life. Having these specific quotes that are meaningful and impactful in your mind will help you take advantage of each opportunity you are given. They will give you that extra push when you need it most!
Doug Dvorak is a motivational and keynote speaker with a unique approach to inspiring and entertaining. If you would like to hire Doug for your next event visit www.dougdvorak.com.