It can be easy to lose your way in life. One day you can be perfectly clear on where you want to go and the next day you suddenly feel lost and lack true motivation. If you want to know you are on the right motivational path that will take you where you want to go, make sure you are doing the following:
- Goal Setting: A path, be it a road trip or a life plan has to have goals and milestones to check off along the way. Your path should include the steps you need to take to get to where you want to be. When you set goals you will know what has to be done each day to bring you closer and closer to success. In fact your goals should often change in order to help you get there faster. As you become better at what you do and learn more about who you are, your goals will be easier to meet.
- Related Article: Personal Goal Setting
- Don’t Fail, Learn: If you are looking at mistakes as failures you will not be able to stay on your motivational path. Instead you have to look at failures or mistakes as opportunities to learn. Everything that doesn’t go your way happens for a reason. Some things are in your control others are not. Look at each error and misstep and learn how it happened and how to avoid the same type of situation moving forward. This will keep you on your toes and help you reach your goals even faster.
- Related Article: What to Do When You Fail
- Take a Risk: Risks are only risks if you live in fear. Fear cannot exist unless you allow it to exist. Look at where you need to go and decide that even if the road is a little tougher than you thought you are willing to take the risk and keep moving forward. Remember if you “fail” it is simply a step towards meeting your goals and succeeding.
- Working Smart, Not Hard: Being obsessed with your goals is not the best way to get there. Remember to work smart not hard. There is no point in setting a goal that makes your life miserable. Look at every aspect of your life and be certain you are staying focused on your goals without letting everything else fall apart around you like your health, important relationships and family.
As long as you continue to meet the goals you set this is a good indicator you are on the right motivational path.
Doug Dvorak is a famous Motivational Speaker who travels the world to speak at conferences, seminars and events. He uses humorous insight and advice to keep people motivated and inspired. Visit www.dougdvorak.com for more information.