Most of us are aware that; for us to achieve anything in our private or business lives, we need to want change in order to move forward and improve our situation. Fighting change is like fighting time, it is an endless battle that can’t be won. In order to take the action needed to create real change, we need to have the motivation to succeed. Wishful thinking is nothing more than concentrating on what might be rather than what is.
Don’t Take Shortcuts Once You Start Seeing Results
Positive thinking and the desire to live to our true full potential should be an ongoing, continuous state of mind. In achieving this, it is important that we keep our motivational batteries fully charged and operational. It is all too easy to sit back and think that you are already at the destination so you can now relax. If your number one, you have to act like your still number two trying to get there. There is always someone ready to take your place. After you achieve your desired results, the best way to make yourself stand out is to strive for more and constantly reach for excellence without stopping.
To paraphrase Abe Lincoln: – when you think that you are at the end of your rope; do you tie a knot and hang on? Or, do you believe that the best way to predict your future is for you to create it?
Develop Strategies to Help You Create a Brighter Future
You need strategies to recharge your motivational batteries from time to time. This can be done through adopting life strategies like:
- Believe that change is easier when you embrace it. Adopt a mindset that is geared towards improvement through change. Related article: http://blog.dougdvorak.com/change-is-simple-when-you-change-your-mindset/
- Avoid negative thoughts and focus on the solutions rather than the problems.
- Think big. If you do not believe something is possible, you will attempt to accomplish it.
- Have a plan – possibly covering the next 10 years of your life and keep asking yourself – where will you be along life’s road at this time next year? Related article: http://blog.dougdvorak.com/what-will-your-life-be-like-in-1-year-personal-goal-setting/
- Be aware and learn to focus. Do not let random, irrelevant thoughts interfere with your progress.
- Live your life to the fullest by understanding your full potential and overcoming fear. It also helps to find your passion. When you are passionate about something you live that dream to the fullest naturally. Try not to force yourself to like something you don’t – you will burn out eventually.
- Learn to embrace failure. Every time you fail, you should learn something from it. If you experience extreme setbacks every time you fail, you really need to consider learning how to embrace failure so that you can become motivated quickly after you fail.
- Read motivational books. Knowledge of staying motivated and succeeding is critical to your success.
Unfortunately, very few have the mental ability to continuously follow such a regime. Most people end up digging themselves a deep hole that is nearly impossible to get out of. By starting today, you are making progress and progress is the cornerstone of sustained motivation and success.
For this reason, it pays to continue to read motivational books, attend seminars or adopt role models to emulate when recharging your motivational batteries. By sharing their experiences; motivational leadership speakers like Doug Dvorak can help us shape our lives for the better. Click here to know more about motivational speaking.